Effective Date: March 23, 2019
Volli Community Charter
The Volli Community is centered around people and their desire to play, enjoy, and improve their tennis experience. Some of us are drawn to compete, others are here to
fulfill fitness goals, and all of us are here to enjoy a sport that is inherently a social exercise.
This community is meant to Delight All Players (DAP). Whether you are a beginner searching for people who, like you, are trying to power through the learning curve of
the sport, or a 5.0 player over 50 looking to draw out your best tennis, or a wheelchair tennis player who seeks more playing opportunities and greater inclusion in the
broader tennis community, Volli is here to bring us together and take the barriers to enjoyment out of our way.
The simplest way for members to live this community value, is to enjoy each opportunity to its fullest. Volli ought to make it easier for you to do the things
you’ve always done and play with your tennis tribe. We also hope that you can travel with your tennis and be open to meeting new players all over
the world. In order for that dream to be possible we all have to be open to playing with folks we don’t know, right here at home. Maybe not all the
time, but as often as it suits you. Your tennis game will be the better for it and our community will thrive because of your openness. In addition to seizing your
own opportunities, we hope that you also think about the quality of the experiences of other players.
We want to stimulate and foster great interactions on and off the court, and to do that we have created the Volli platform to take the friction out of setting up
tennis engagements, managing our broader tennis events, celebrating our achievements, enhancing our casual play, and managing our team and tournament experiences.
Volli as a platform is built to collect and share our data in ways that can be entertaining and enriching. As a member of this community you play an important
part of making it a great experience for everyone, especially yourself. You will always be in control of the data that you share. Below are some community guidelines
that we hope orient people on how to be the best Volli Community members possible.
- Tennis is a wonderful sport and a great reason to get together. Be honest about your intent, communicate openly about what you'd like to get out of a tennis
experience, be it social, fitness-driven, or competitive play.
- Be honest about your abilities and limitations. The data will assist everyone in playing at the right level, but every system is fallible and can be defeated
by dishonest intent.
- Understand and edit your profile and privacy settings to reflect your interests and desired tennis experiences.
- We at Volli, Inc. will strive to make the tools simple to use, so that you can control the reminders and notifications that are the strength of this platform,
but can quickly become a nuisance if not configured to your tastes.
- Contribute your game scores even if you don’t seek to make them public. Behind the scenes the data will in effect help YOU get more out of
YOUR tennis game and out of Volli.
- Share your experiences by connecting with others or limit what you share by managing your privacy settings.
- Please use a photo that is recognizably you. This will make life easier for your friends and people whom you've yet to meet alike. Since at times you may use
Volli to find players outside of your area you will want to be easily recognized when you are meeting up with a playing partner you're meeting for the first time
and they will want the same courtesy.
- When sharing photos please get the permission of the other people in your picture before sharing.
- Think before you post. Exercise sportsmanship... even if at times that same level of sportsmanship is not being afforded to you. If everyone in the community
strives to be a bigger person, it elevates us all.
- Play fair. This community will have the ability to comment on and be surveyed on how much fun it is to play with each one of us. Remember that in the heat
of the battle... Tennis is a game. It is one we play with passion, but it is not more important than being the kind of person we can all admire.
- Be honest and forthcoming with your feedback to us about the service and how it does or does not meet your expectations.
- Give honest feedback when surveyed in post-game interviews. We will anonymize all opinions and not share them if there is no way to keep them as anonymous
as desired by you the respondent.
- Be honest, but temper your ratings and remarks. Know that everyone has a bad day, our emotions are typically very altered when we get off the court and can
be exaggerated by things that are beyond the control of our opponents and playing partners. Recognize this and please calibrate your comments for kindness as
best you can.
- Our connection paradigm strives to make it simple for people to be found, but it also strives to give people their privacy. Just like on other social networks,
we give people the opportunity to decline connection requests and revisit those choices when context changes. Not everyone is comfortable granting every connection
request. Try not to take it personally if requests go un-answered or declined. In order for this community to thrive, people need to feel comfortable and have the
ability to limit the amount of requests they receive to play tennis.
- Be open to strangers. Many of our greatest tennis experiences depend on people being willing to play with us, and our being willing to play with people we may
not know. Volli strives to give people the tools to see how they are connected to others in the community. We hope this will reduce barriers and help people from
feeling isolated or unwelcome.
- No matter how our technology is implemented the greatest asset we have in making Volli a great community is YOU. Growing the sport of Tennis and increasing the
level of engagement we have in the sport is incredibly sensitive to the notion of being asked to play. We hope that you will ask people to play and be open to the
invitations of others. At the end of the day we all have busy lives and we enjoy our own tennis habits. All we ask is that you be open-minded when it is convenient
- Take ownership and sustain this community. We will strive as a company to offer you new ways to get value out of being a member. We hope you'll take us up on
the conveniences that we have in store for you. Our job is to delight you. You can keep this enterprise viable by subscribing, participating, and saying yes to
things that give you value and convenience, and if they don't, we won't ask.
- Be honest.
- Be kind.
- Be safe.
- Play hard,
- Have fun.
- Send lots of Vollis!